IBM has released AIX 6.1 with three different price levels: express edition,
standard edition, and enterprise edition.  The express edition costs $300 per
core.

Three hundred per core with the features available, GLVM, KSPK, Kernel
Recovery, etc.; it is more bang-for-the-buck than you would get with RHEL.
Just consider the fact with AIX you have NIM included at no cost, allowing you
to do at no cost what you pay $300 per machine with RHEL to do with their
Satellite server.

With Linux, I feel like I'm floating in a rubber raft hoping it doesn't spring
a leak and there aren't any sharks.  With AIX, I feel like I'm sailing in the
luxury of a 100-foot yacht, with the protection of a US Navy cruiser.