On Thursday, February 03, 2011 11:19:24 AM Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 16:37 +0100, Kim Leyendecker wrote:
> > Am 03.02.2011 16:17, schrieb Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr):
> > > Maybe name OBS as BSOS meaning Building Service for Operating
> > > System(s) but we also can have it as Building Service of (for) open
> > > SUSE or Building Service Open Source.
> > >
> > > One acronym with many meanings...
> >
> > Open Build Service - as Jos said before is the best name of choice, I
> > think. Or we call it Linux Build Service (LBS), but some people will
> > think then, it´s something like LSB.
> >
> > kind regards & a nice day
> > kdl
>
> If I'm not mistaken (and it wouldn't be the first time I've been
> mistaken) OBS also packages for Windows.  Thus Linux Build Service
> wouldn't work.   Open is still the best.
>
> Bryen

About OBS, oBS, openSUSE Build Services, open Build Services, I am not feeling
any good changing the name at this right moment. The service was launched
and other people put the name as the felt it is better for them.  And that's
not good either. But it is done. They are going to use it when it serves their
goals and maybe without giving a credit .

What I think we must make clear inside that tool (oBS) is putting somewhere
inside in a visible mode the openSUSE Sponsored logo or Novell Sponsored
logo.

Regards,
--
Ricardo Chung | openSUSE Linux  Ambassador
Panama

Testing version 11.4 Milestone 6, KDE 4.6.00, Mesa-Nouveau 3D