On Thursday, February 03, 2011 04:57:40 AM Frank Karlitschek wrote:

> >> Well. "Project Bretzn" is the codename for the idea to simplify the
> >> process of bringing applications from the developers to the enduser.
> >> Part of it is the plugin for IDEs and another part is the AppStore. But
> >> the word "Bretzn" was always considered a joke. So we shouldn´t put the
> >> term "Bretzn" into the actual user interface. It´s just an internal
> >> codeword.
> >>
> >> But it´s of course possible to mention Bretzn if someone want´s to
> >> describe the idea and the initiative. But "Bretzn" should never appear
> >> in the openSUSE menu.  ;-)
> >>

> >> Cheers
> >> Frank
> >
> > The name DOES seem to be sticking! So if you want to change it, it
> > will need to be quite soon!
> > http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/02/project-bretzn/
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Helen
>
> I think it´s fine if someone refers to Bretzn as a project or idea.
>
> But I don´t think the enduser should start "Bretzn" to install software.
> :-)
>

> Cheers
> Frank

> >> --
> >> Frank Karlitschek
> >> karlitsc...@kde.org
>
> --
> Frank Karlitschek
> karlitsc...@kde.org

Bretzen sounds like a codename but not make reference to what it does or what
is for.

Since users or newcomers point of view Bretzn has no hook to take their
attention at least by itself. So it needs some feature-functionality name
associated to expose it. And at the beginning we have to make reference to
both names because Bretzn is already known too in some knowledge circles.

So to expand or reach beyond these insider people circles need something like
"Bretzn-AppsCab" or maybe shorten.

I was playing with "Bretzn-AppsIns" , "Bretzn-Apps" , or like tradename
"iBretzn" or "instaBretzn"

Still playing with the concepts.

Regards,

--
Ricardo Chung | openSUSE Linux  Ambassador
Panama

Testing version 11.4 Milestone 6, KDE 4.6.00, Mesa-Nouveau 3D