On 10/25/2016 01:14 PM, Richard Brown wrote:
> On 25 October 2016 at 13:01, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nus...@suse.de> wrote:
>> Douglas DeMaio schrieb:
>>>
>>> We are nearing the release of openSUSE Leap 42.2 and we encourage
>>> everyone reading this email to help promote our newest release,
>>> however you want to do that. To help promote it, our marketing team
>>> has been brainstorming a few ways to promote it. One of those is to
>>> post messages on social media. The social media plan is updated in
>>> English at https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan
>>

>> Could we move away from those version numbers please? Who cares
>> about gcc 4.8.5 or python 3.4.5? Version numbers may be interesting
>> for a rolling distribtion like TW that advertises having always the
>> latest and greatest. That is not what Leap aims for.
>
> +1, we really should NOT talk about version numbers with Leap, it's
> antithetical to the whole point of the distribution, unlike Tumbleweed
> where it is a cornerstone of it's offering compared to other
> distributions (including our own).
>
>> So what's really cool about Leap?
>
> A few ideas -
> It's stability
> it's shared codebase with SLE
> it's broader software selection than SLE
> all the testing (manual and automated) that has been done on it
> all of the contributions that have been put into it
> all of the bugs that have been fixed during the development period

Most of those things apply to any version of Leap. It's always nice to
remember them on every new version but I would extend (or focus) the
question - what's really cool about Leap 42.2?

Maybe compared to the previous release, to other distributions being
released in the same time-frame...

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa