Ancor Gonzalez Sosa schrieb:
On 10/25/2016 01:14 PM, Richard Brown wrote:
On 25 October 2016 at 13:01, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nus...@suse.de> wrote:
[...]
So what's really cool about Leap?

A few ideas -
It's stability
it's shared codebase with SLE
it's broader software selection than SLE
all the testing (manual and automated) that has been done on it
all of the contributions that have been put into it
all of the bugs that have been fixed during the development period

Most of those things apply to any version of Leap. It's always nice to
remember them on every new version but I would extend (or focus) the
question - what's really cool about Leap 42.2?

Maybe compared to the previous release, to other distributions being
released in the same time-frame...

Compared to other distros the stuff we take for granted like
whatever cool features YaST has is still news.

Compared to 42.2 getting some package counts is easy:

7820 42.1
9133 42.2
9694 Factory
100 dropped
1413 new
771 more_in_factory

Among the 1400 new source packages there must be some candidates
worth a story. Like openstack clients or gnuhealth. I also see lots
of new games added to 42.2.

http://paste.opensuse.org/20516800

cu
Ludwig