I (try to) teach my kids smart stuff such as
1. What _not_ to do such as 'try to be a clerk filling in gaji kakitangan gomen dalam spreadsheet.
2. Pareto principle - learn 20% that is worth 80%
3. Do what is important not urgent such as 'go play what u love which is badminton and forget about exams'.

I believe those who landed in front of any interviewer is the ultimate insult. I got thru my first humiliating interview in April 1982 and never had any since then. The interview (Robert Teo, CEO of Dataprep M Sdn Bhd that time) said to me,
"You are not to be treated special. I give you the lowest pay." Just because my name is 'bumi' sounding. *Grrrrr* still fuming with the insult after all these years.