@ApOgEE,
I kinda agree with u...
Anyway, this also reminds me of 1 of my friend who over extreme about
Ubuntu.

As you all know, usually when ppl buy shared hosting accounts, they will
looks for cPanel at the 1st requirement.
As a hosting provider, to install cPanel, I have to use CentOS (although it
can also install in Fedora, RHEL or FreeBSD).
As you all know, cPanel can't run in Debian/Ubuntu.

Guess what, that friend of mine, thought that he is smarter than my 4 years
of hosting experience and asked me to use Ubuntu for all my servers, and
asked me to convert all my servers that is running other distro to
Ubuntu!!??

When I told him that cPanel only runs on redhat family, and guess what he
said?
He said just give the customers ftp access and mysql account, if they refuse
to accept it, ask them find other hosting provider...

I wonder if he start a web hosting company, how long his hosting business
can sustain...

Anyway, it is ok to run Debian/Ubuntu if I am providing DirectAdmin
accounts. In fact, I do sell DirectAdmin accounts which hosted on Debian
servers.

But hey, asking me to totally convert my whole infra to Ubuntu just bcoz he
supports Ubuntu, that is too extreme and idiotic!!

Anyway, I hope I did not offend any of the extreme Ubuntu supporters.
I am just voicing out my opinion and my experience on people who are over
extreme on certain distro and ignore the necessity...

--
*GarfieldWTF <http://garfield.in>*
Debian User Community (Malaysia)