On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 4:13 PM, red1 <r...@red1.org> wrote:

>  Bahasa Melayu mungkin tidak sesuai sebagai bahasa pengantaraan untuk alam
> ilmiah perkakasan. Tetapi ia amat sesuai sebagai bahasa sastera, cukup
> cantik apabila dipakai untuk berpantun:

Some people say that BM isn't suitable for science, technology, or finance,
but I disagree.  Any language can handle new words and describe new
concepts.  These IT words are only a problem because we already knew them in
English before we tried to use them in Malay.

If you could show a computer mouse to someone who has never seen one, they
would give it a name.  Americans came up with the name "mouse" because they
thought it looked like a mouse.  A Malaysian would probably give it a
completely different name.

--
*Ghodmode*
http://www.ghodmode.com/blog