It's not really English.  These terms have been created for new concepts
based existing English words, but the words don't retain their English
meanings in this context.  Just like names of people and places, the terms
have an identity that is lost when they're translated.  We should just use
the new words and not think about them as English words.

If you still want to create Malay words, then don't use the English words at
all, use the underlying concepts.  For example, instead of "dwi klik", maybe
it should be "dwi tekan" and allow it to evolve to one word like "dwitekan".

Some suggestions :

   - "click" is a sound, not an action, but in the context of "double-click"
   it's the action of pressing a button.  If you really want to translate it
   exactly, you should use "tekan dua kali" rather than "klik dua kali".
   - "Plug and Play" was originally a name for a specification from
   Microsoft (ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_Plug_and_Play ).
   Translating this would be like translating "Windows" to "Tingkap", but no
   one would think that's a good idea.  It's used in a more general way now,
   but it still shouldn't be translated.  "Plug" means to block or close a
   hole; "tutup lubang".  "Play" means "main".  To say "Tutup Lubang dan Main"
   is ridiculous.  If you want to, create a phrase from the underlying
   concept... We connect the device and it works immediately without any manual
   installation or configuration... My BM isn't good enough to come up with one
   for this :)
   - A "mouse" isn't an animal.  This definitely shouldn't be translated at
   all, but if you really want to, use the concept of a pointing device.
   - We don't actually "burn" a CD or DVD.  I don't even like this one in
   English.  Use "write" (tulis).

We could take this way too far... Translate "Microsoft" to "Kecillembut"...
or in reverse, I could call that place where many of you live "Mud
Estuary".  And while I'm thinking about it, why am I from "Amerika Syarikat"
("America Company"?) instead of "Negeri Bersatu" ("States United")?

--
Ghodmode
http://www.ghodmode.com/blog

>>> https://launchpad.net/~maklanx