Hershel Robinson wrote:

Apache 1.3.36 is the OFFICIALLY supported version of Apache. 2.x is not supported OFFICIALLY by CPanel and is labeled "beta" as far as support, so I would suggest being careful trying to use it.

You can install whatever you like. However, most likely installing it will most likely not help you as the pre-made RPM distributions are not going to put the files where you want them.

The script may have installed a file called "/etc/httpd/conf.d/ otrs.conf", however... APACHE is not looking there.

Well, I guess you better not use the OTRS rpm provided for FC1,2,3 then. That rpm makes quite a lot of assumptions about your system, but as CPanel/your PVS messed with the system quite a bit your system isn't really looking like a FC2 system anymore. For instance: Fedora comes with Apache2 by default, so the OTRS rpm for FC1,2,3 assumes you're running Apache2. I installed OTRS on several servers running Plesk and at least Plesk doesn't completely change your system around. The OTRS rpm worked just fine on those machines.

Any other ideas?

I guess the OTRS rpm isn't really going to work on your CPanel box without a lot of tweaking and moving files etc. Maybe you're better off doing an install from the source tarball following the instructions. Yeah, it's more work. Or try a non-CPanel box.

Nils Breunese.