>> #cat /etc/*-release
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)

Looks like Fedora Core 2 to me. :o)

It does? How did you know that? You Linux guys are so technical. :)

Not exactly. If you take a look at http://otrs.org/download/ you'll see that there are seven download links that serve rpms. Which one did you pick? I hope you picked the one for Fedora Core 1,2,3 (or RH8, as it's the same rpm actually).

I used FTP to get the file straight onto the server and I *think* I used RH8, but I am not 100% certain today.

Perhaps I should remove this RPM and reinstall now that I know which is the correct one?

The rpm installation should have created /etc/httpd/conf.d/otrs.conf which has a ScriptAlias directive that makes sure /otrs/ is linked to /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/. Maybe still you need to restart apache in order to load the OTRS config for apache.

Yes, that file is there and has:
ScriptAlias /otrs/ "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/"

I restarted apache now (although I also did this yesterday) and still page not found. /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/installer.pl certainly exists, however. :)

I tried now mysite.com/otrs/ and got: You don't have permission to access /otrs/ on this server. This is opposed to mysite/otrs/installer.pl which shows: The requested URL /otrs/installer.pl was not found on this server.

Perhaps therein lies the problem? Permissions? Doesn't seem to be however:

drwxrwxr-x  3 apache apache 1024 May 30 04:00 cgi-bin/

and

-rwxrwxr-x  1 apache apache 4365 Nov 12  2005 installer.pl*

Hershel

--
Gallery Robinson Web Services
http://web.galleryrobinson.com/