Am 08.01.2017 um 17:05 schrieb Colin Law:

> It is surely undeniable that this is a design flaw in the chip.  Much
> more sensible would have been to make it default to full scale (or
> full negative scale), then it would have been much easier to program
> around.

Full scale values mean there is a temperature above or below the
temperature which can be sampled. Not just a single spot in the middle.

What's really missing is a distinct POR flag as the DS2408 has it.

>> This has all been taken care for already, OWFS repeats a
>> .../temperature triggered conversion for the case 85°C is the result.
>> When you still have stray 85°C readings, it means your power failures
>> are so serious you should check your hardware setup.
>
> Is that still the case? I thought there was some discussion here
> recently about whether that code is in fact desirable and whether it
> should be removed.  Perhaps I misunderstood the conversation.

It's still in there, as Stefano found the real bug causing problems with
.../latesttemp.

Kind regards

        Jan