Thanks for all the replies.

*Suggestion :*

*IF *reading == 85 *then *ignore reading

I will now implement something like this for each reading of the OWFS
server.

Most probably I will add the following else branch :

*else *reading = last_reading

Even if there is a valid 85 degree measurement, I don't expect this reading
do repeat that often. I expect something like 84,9x and 85,xx readings
nearby, as typically temperature readings change,

Eventually I will log, how often I see 85 degree readings on the sensors to
have an idea, how stable the 1-wire installation is. I did that, before I
used OWFS.

If this is never implemented in OWFS : I do it in my code. I never see 85
degrees again in my algorithm.

If the feature *85_ignore* is implemented in OWFS : no problem. Better
filter the problem twice than never.

This will make me happier, regardless whether the 85 degree readings are
because of :

- timing error of the OWFS code
- 4,7 k instead of 1.5 k
- power-on reset routine
- instable power supply
- 85°C readout is a feature rather than a bug
- Period.
- incorrect settings of simultaneous/temperature bit
- unfortunate instellar constellation

Maybe, but only maybe, I will investigate deeper, why I see what I reported
in my original post.

Happy programming
Ekkehard