Hello,
but the "simultanues/temperature bit" Need  external powered sensors as i suggest.
So what is when you have sensors with paratite-power?
And i suggest that you will Trigger the simultaneous/temperature bit manually in your
external application. Not directly inside the OWFS code.

Best regards,

Roland

Mick Sulley <m...@sulley.info> hat am 9. Januar 2017 um 00:46 geschrieben:

I don't know if this will help to explain the operation, but my code runs in a continuous loop -

  • Read all temperatures
  • Set the simultaneous/temperature bit
  • Perform logic operations, setting outputs to devices based upon temperatures read, etc
  • Log values to database
  • repeat.....

OK ignore the first loop.  The logic and logging takes more than 1 second, so when I read the temperatures they are all converted because it was initiated at step 2 on previous loop, no wait time and no 85 degree readings.

I agree that there is a design fault with the DS1820, but it is nothing we can fix here, and Dallas are not going to do anything about it now.

Hope that helps a bit
Mick