On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ha!  Good point, Lasse.  But, no, thanks - I like focusing myself and
> my point is just simply that a "short-turn" lens works especially well
> for me.

I'm a little ambivalent about that.  While short-turn lenses are quicker
to focus sometimes, it's also easier to overshoot your point of
focus.  This is one of the things I dislike about AF lenses.  As someone
already pointed out, the focus is so fiddly that it's hard to get it
precise, while MF lenses can often be adjusted much more precisely.  When
I need quick focus, I use AF.  Do you find it easy to 'nail' the focus
with short-turn lenses, Fred?

chris

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.