"tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> From: Roland Mabo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> >From: "Christian Skofteland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Well guess what?  Neither are the
>> >offerings
>> >from Canon and Nikon.  You'll still need to replace ALL
>> your lenses, right
>> >Tom and Cotty?
>>
>> That's something I dont understand too.
>> Many here assumes that the *ist D is not going to be as
>> good as Nikon or
>> Canons DSLR's. I wonder how people will react if it simply
>> outperforms the
>> Nikon D100 and the Canon 10D in terms of image quality...
>
>Tell me who said the *ist-D wouldn't give good image quality? I expect
>it will be in the same league as the 10D and D100.
>
>I switched because:
>
>- the 10D was available 3 months ago. (I think it's already paid for
>  itself. The Pentax selloff paid for everything else.)
>- I can upgrade to a 1DS.
>- Canon has a more appealing line of pro lenses wrt focal length, USM
>  and IS.
>- Canon has an interesting flash system (TTL IR trigger)

Flash is a big weak point for Pentax. I'm *still* waiting for a more
powerful version of the AF360FGZ :(

>- Software support for Canon raw files is widespread. At this point
>  it's 0 for Pentax.

Wouldn't be surprised if RAW for the Pentax were the same as the Nikon's
D100 if they do indeed use the same CCD. Still, there's no way of
knowing until the camera is available.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing