Tell me who said the *ist-D wouldn't give good image quality? I expect
it will be in the same league as the 10D and D100.

I switched because:

- the 10D was available 3 months ago. (I think it's already paid for
itself. The Pentax selloff paid for everything else.)
- I can upgrade to a 1DS.
- Canon has a more appealing line of pro lenses wrt focal length, USM
and IS.
- Canon has an interesting flash system (TTL IR trigger)
- Software support for Canon raw files is widespread. At this point
it's 0 for Pentax.

tv