Ramesh Kumar:

I guess most of the people may be using LCD screen for
everything; I do not think viewfinder adds any value.
Do we need viewfinder at all?

My girlfriend's digital P&S has a viewfinder and it really saves batteries to not use the LCD all the time. When I borrow it, I use the viewfinder for most shots, and the LCD only in special cases like for extreme closeups where parallax is an issue, and for shooting where I can't place the camera to my eyes (like holding it in upstretched arms in a crowd).

My own digital P&S has no viewfinder though.

anders
http://anders.hultman.nu/