Dan mentioned his Optio S today.

I'm sad to report that the Optio S is off with my daughter now.
The thing is so damned cute that I'm thinking about buying another one and chucking
film entirely...
(well not really) (g)

I had it around my neck for the past two days, and I couldn't tell I was carrying a
camera.  Plus, I get 4 megapixels when I take a photo and a 12X zoom.  If I could
resolve to live with that level of resolution, a digital SLR would be pointless.

The Sony S85 I picked up for myself is 4 megapixels, compact, and has some additional
features, but looks like a 6x7 compared to the Optio S!  I'm beginning to think of
digital in terms of snapshots and film in terms of serious pictures where
magnification and detail will be enjoyed.

That Optio S is sure a sweetheart!

Regards,  Bob S.