On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dan mentioned his Optio S today.
>
> I'm sad to report that the Optio S is off with my daughter now.
> The thing is so damned cute that I'm thinking about buying another one and chucking
> film entirely...
> (well not really) (g)
>
> I had it around my neck for the past two days, and I couldn't tell I was carrying a
> camera.  Plus, I get 4 megapixels when I take a photo and a 12X zoom.  If I could
> resolve to live with that level of resolution, a digital SLR would be pointless.
>
> The Sony S85 I picked up for myself is 4 megapixels, compact, and has some
> additional features, but looks like a 6x7 compared to the Optio S!  I'm beginning to
> think of digital in terms of snapshots and film in terms of serious pictures where
> magnification and detail will be enjoyed.
>
> That Optio S is sure a sweetheart!

I'm really happy with mine. Its nice to have a camera with me at all
times.  I was out shooting with my 35mm gear this weekend, and I put the
optio S in my camera bag and couldn't find it LOL.

I've only had it for a month, and I'm up to 900 images on it. All
snapshots, but it will allow me to almost always shoot black and white
now :) Actually, I'm shooting more film now than before I got the S.

- Chris

--
Chris Murray                   /"\
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN