Hello Alex,

What might be considered the "next" best implementation of raw
convertor?  I don't want to spend the money on Photoshop CS just yet.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

Monday, February 16, 2004, 10:51:50 AM, you wrote:

aw> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Shel Belinkoff wrote:
>> The only thing about moving to the istd is that I'd probably
>> want/need to upgrade Photoshop to CS ... and that might mean
>> investing more $$ into additional computer resources. I'm
>> not a JPEG shooter when I want the highest quality, so it
>> would be RAW or TIFF for me, I suppose.  The istd does use
>> TIFF, right?

aw> Yes.

aw> TIFF files have already gone through processing on the camera though
aw> (bayer processing and reduced to 8bits).  They are also larger (17m vs
aw> 13m).  You really want to use RAW if you don't want to use JPEG.

aw> You don't need to use Photoshop CS to process RAW, it just seems to
aw> have the best implementation of it right now.  You can use the Pentax
aw> photo lab to convert RAW to 16-bit TIFF and process that in Photoshop.

aw> alex