Herb Chong wrote:

> all that tells me is that the number of people who really do want to learn
> is falling. there is too much temptation to turn on the meter or AF and
let
> it do everything for you, even in a photo course.

At big sporting events (Olympics/world cup etc) you see literally thousands
of people sitting in stands hundreds of meters away from an arena taking
flash photo's with their P&Ss and SLRs set to auto.
Makes me wonder how many thousands of rolls of film were later processed and
the disappointing (read black) results shown to the shooters.

Thing is, it just keeps happening...

Simon

ergo, smarter cameras make dumber photogs.