Dude,

Not to vent, but what other camera manufacturer allows
you to use 30+ year old lenses?  That is the beauty of
the Pentax system.  If you want full compatibility,
then buy new lenses, just like you would have to do
with Nikon, Canon, etc.

For me, I'm as happy as can be with the istD.  You
can't beat the market prices and picture quality of
Pentax M&K lenses!