I've found that I sometimes will get 200 exposures from "half full" lithiums.
But not always. In nearly two years with the *istD, I've learned that the
camera can go wonkers at any time once the battery indicator drops to the half
full point. Admittedly, serious problems are rare, but they happen any time
voltage is a bit down. I rarely find myself shooting anything that I don't want
or need, so I'm not going to risk failure, even for an extra 200 exposure. I
now use AA lithiums rather than the CRV3, since I've found the performance
virtually identical. Nearly expended batteries are used to power toys, radios,
or sometimes even a flash unit.
Paul