John Francis wrote:
I don't think you're allowed to do that over here.  Or, at least, not
with a true credit card - I don't know if you can charge a car to American
Express, but I doubt it.  Not because of credit limits - the credit line on
my Visa is high enough to buy a Porsche 911, never mind a Honda or Mazda -
but there's some other reaon that prevents most car dealerships from
taking credit for anything except a place-holder deposit.  You're not
supposed to make the down payment with a credit card, either, but
that's because most finance agreements explicitly prohibit you from
using credit for the deposit - not an issue if you're not financing.

He's missing something if he took the MX5 over the Honda 2000, though.
The Honda is a much nicer car.  As it should be, considering the fact
that it's priced at least 50% higher than the MX5.

He likes the classic lines of the MX5, and he never got to test drive the Honda. He gets it detailed every fortnight and has had a turbo installed to make up for the lack of power. He's happy with it and apart from looking at the turbo model when it came out (just before he put the turbo in his) he hasn't looked at another car since.

He has an Amex Black card now, not sure what he had then, but it seemed to work. It all gets paid off every month anyway (as does mine) so limits don't really make much difference.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon