On 24/01/07, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In a perfect world, you might be right, Godfrey. But in the real
> world, unscrupulous buyers frequently try to rip off legitimate
> sellers. Leaving feedback before the buyer has approved the
> merchandise only encourages that behavior. Do as you wish, but beware
> of rip-off artists.

How can the buyer rip off the seller when the seller is the party
holding the cash? I state quite plainly in my auction details that
take no responsibility for shipping past the point that it falls into
the hands of the shipper nominated by the buyer. If the goods are lost
or damaged it's not my problem and I've never received a complaint
about inadequate packaging (which I supply for free in 99.9% of
cases).

If the buyers aren't pleased with the condition of the item I always
have high res images which I can refer to, if it's a genuine case of
the item not responding as it should I will offer to refund the buyer
on receipt of the goods so long as they are adequately re-packed but
again I don't offer to cover shipping costs as I didn't force them to
bid from where ever they did.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA