----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Stenquist" Subject: Re: OT- eBay

> In a perfect world, you might be right, Godfrey. But in the real
> world, unscrupulous buyers frequently try to rip off legitimate
> sellers. Leaving feedback before the buyer has approved the
> merchandise only encourages that behavior. Do as you wish, but beware
> of rip-off artists.

Two way street Paul. I've only done some 50 eBay transactions, all were
purchases on my part. I've had two sellers rip me off outright, one seller
send an item that was nowhere near as advertised, and two vendors who
refused to leave feedback until after I had left positive feedback for them.

The question I have for this sort of vendor is, if you have been honest and
haven't misrepresented anything, what are you afraid of?

It is far easier to be an unscrupulous vendor than an unscrupulous buyer,
and my experience is that there are far more dishonest vendors than there
are buyers.

William Robb