From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Anthony Farr
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:47 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: 85mm f1.8 SMCT on ebay : $400+

If the camera was the only source of profit, it would need to be so
expensive that customers will stay away in droves.

Of course a single rich-as-f**k customer could bankroll the whole
project,
like the recent Zeiss lens which was made bespoke for an oil-rich Arab
prince.  IIRC it was a 1600mm f2.8 for 6x6cm, and weighed in at over
600kg.
Regrettably I lost the link when a virus crashed my OS last week, but
you
get the idea, I'm sure.  Money opens doors and makes stuff happen......
so
do you have the funds?

regards,
Anthony Farr