See below

                You have mentioned something above that I have heard people
talking about.  The new design of lenses for the smaller CCD.  There are
inumerous possibilities in terms of not haveing a preconception of size and
all.

                You are correct in saying that we think in terms of 35mm
format since that is where we have our money invested in terms of lenses.
This is the main reason I am looking forward to a Pentax digital SLR.  I
have four Nikon lenses with my F3HP, but I think only one of them is AI.
Looking at the manual for the D1? these lenses are not compatible with them.
So, other than Pentax any system I look at will mean a complete system in
terms of camera, lenses, memory,  not to mention computer-related items.

                I have been enjoying my Nikon Coolpix 950, but miss the
control I have with my SLRs.  I am ready for the next step in digital
photography - with the obligatory learning to massage data, and resolution
meanings and such.  Though I still find myself thinking of my 35mm as my
archival image maker.  Nothing beats having that negative or slide in your
hand.

                        My 2 cents, for whatever it is worth,

                        César Matamoros II
                        Panama City, Florida