On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 09:50:58AM +0200, AlunFoto scripsit:
> 2009/5/19 Graydon <o...@uniserve.com>:
> > -10 C isn't much past brisk weather, but point.
>
> It is an improvement. The K20D recommended temp. range stops at 0°C /
> 32°F. Still, I have used both K20D and K10D continuously for 7-8 hours
> at -5 to -10°C. My eagle shots from january were obtained under such
> conditions. The only thing that suffers, it seems, is battery
> longevity.

Oh, no question that it's an improvement.  And I'm glad to see evidence
that Pentax is thinking about that.

It's not 'Oh, you don't have to worry about this' cold-proofing, though,
which would have to go down to -40 C at a minimum and involve things
like shutter box de-humidifiers and de-icers, the which I do not expect
to see any time soon. :)

I've had my K20D out in -15C or so, with minimal wind, and it was fine
aside from a rather drastic lens condensation issue if brought inside
various of the tropical pavilions at the Metro Zoo.  Can't say that is
an unreasonable constraint. :)

> I have noticed that the K-7 pictures reveal _two_ battery slots
> underneath. Somehow I think this change is very significant, if the
> rumored feature set is correct.

I don't recall seeing a K-7 picture with a bottom view. _Two_ 1860 mAh
batteries seems unlikely in a body that size, though of course that
battery spec from RiceHigh could easily be wrong.

So far, the thing that's making me happiest is the cable-release plug
moving to the right hand side of the camera.

-- Graydon