On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 01:14:11PM -0600, Tom C wrote:
> Does Home Depot have a "customer is always right" policy?

No.  Theirs is more like "the customer is always wrong".

When one of their staff wrote up the wrong product code for one
of my windows a few years ago I ended up with a $150 window that
wasn't what I wanted.  Home Depot agreed that the mistake had
been made by their employee, but because I'd signed at the bottom
of the order form I had to take it.  Apparently I'm supposed to
know what the Home Depot SKU product codes mean.

That was the last thing I bought at Home Depot, and it's why the
$40,000 kitchen remodel going on next door to me as I type is
using cabinets, countertops, flooring and installation services
from Lowes.  (The appliances and some of the fittings come from
somewhere else because Lowes didn't have the models we wanted).