Does Home Depot have a "customer is always right" policy?

If so, then they are willingly accepting that burden. (not that what
some customers do is justfied by any stretch of the imagination).

If they don't, then possibly it's just the management at the local
store that wants to avoid confrontation.

Not trying to be argumentative.

I just think the condemnation I'm hearing regarding the G11 return is
rather unwarranted. He just as easily could have gotten a defective
one from the store and would have had to return it. There was no
visible damage to the camera otherwise BB would have bulked. BB will
do exactly the same thing with this camera as they would with any
other returned as not working.  BB willl receive the credit from Canon
or their distrubutor. they will refurbish and resell.