Jeff, list,

It's VERY late on the East Coast, so I'll keep this quite brief for now: a
single question.

In what sense can phenomenology be said to draw "from both mathematics and
from logic"?

Certainly from the standpoint of
> Peirce's '
> classification of the sciences' phenomenology can be seen to draw from
> mathematics, especially from the simplest mathematics. the logic of
> mathematics (
> ​involving​
>  the understanding t
> ​hat
>  there are monads, dyads, triads,
> ​a kind of valency principle relating these, ​
> a reduction principle,
> ​ discrete, pseudo-continuous and
> ​continuous structures,
>  etc.)

 In addition
​. phenomenology can, as can all sciences, draw upon a logica utens. But,
except for its providing 'examples' and the like ('the like' including
logical lessons learned from it's formal study), again. from the standpoint
of the classification of the sciences, can phenomenology really be said to
draw from formal logic, logica docens? If so, how?

​Best,

Gary​

​R
​