Helmut,

The unicorn issue is one that I am uncertain about. There's not much more
to say about it at this point, as I don't recall what CSP had to say about
such things, and I haven't put much thought into it with respect to the
semiotic point of view. One thing I could mention is that Peirce
distinguished between natural classes and artificial classes, and I think
it is safe to say that unicorn is an artificial class. This leaves in doubt
whether there is any genuine information about it, or whether there is a
dynamical object. I don't really like the suggestion that there is no
dynamical object in this case, but I suppose it's something to consider. In
any case, it is possible to have logical quantity--intension and
extension--without it being informed logical quantity. To be candid with
you though, these are just some stray thoughts, and I don't have a
considered answer at this time. It's quite possible that Peirce gave a
considered answer, but I don't recall it at this time.

The argument becoming a proposition when understood or believed is an idea
that might be worth considering. I wouldn't exactly say that it becomes a
proposition. It has already been mentioned in recent discussions in the
recent discussion on the list that an argument can be considered as a
proposition, and how that would work. Whether there is some special
consideration with respect to the argument becoming understood or believed,
I remain hesitant to say.

I'm not sure what you meant about the "level of source of collateral
information" and how it relates to the definition of the dynamical object,
or the possible connection with the final interpretant.

-- Franklin