Re: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/17582
Re: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/17626

Franklin, Jeff, all ...

In order to understand what Peirce is saying one has to understand
what he is talking about.  When it comes to the logic of relatives
and the mathematics of relations, my personal recommendation for
the best place to start would be the 1870 Logic of Relatives.
There Peirce is writing for people who already inhabit the
space he is talking about and his task reduces to that of
giving them better maps and microscopes and telescopes
for exploring and describing the territory in view.
That is by no means an insignificant assignment but
it's still more tractable than starting from zip.

My study of the 1870 LOR, as far as I've got for now, is here:

http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/Peirce's_1870_Logic_Of_Relatives

Regards,

Jon