Matt, list,

So, [the token of] smoke [in your mind], as understood as being a type,
e.g., relating to other instances of smoke, is a perceptual judgment.

This is still a poor way of stating the matter. The token is not a type;
but your statement, as worded, suggests that it is. There is smoke as a
token, and there is smoke as a type. The token and the type are not the
same thing. The token, in being related to other tokens, is not thereby a
type. The token is an instance of a type, and the type is what refers to
all the instances. A token, rightly, only refers to the 'here and now', and
not to other tokens like it, which are other 'here and now's'.

But your point is taken: "I meant that the token of a type 'smoke' is a
perceptual judgment."

-- Franklin