Helmut, John, List:

Thank you for the interesting post. It raises some questions in my mind.

> On Mar 17, 2017, at 3:20 PM, Helmut Raulien <h.raul...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Dear List Members,
> I think, that the Peircean truth is the similarity between the immediate and
> the dynamical object, achieved in the infinite future, and this similarity
> will be perfect (after indefinite time), when the only aspect, that tells it
> (the similarity) from sameness, is, that the immediate object is still inside
> the sign, whilst the dynamical one is remaining outside of it.
> Is that so, or somehow like that?

I really do not know how to parse this phrase.
Pragmatically, this appears to an impossibility.  Perhaps you can amplify the
meaning?
I do not think of signs having an interior or exterior or an interior and
exterior.

> Anyway, I guess, that the origins, the histories of both the immediate and
> the dynamical object ly in the past, not in the future. So truth, I think, is
> a matter of the past, not of the future.
> And, if one thinks, that the past and it´s truth may, or even will be
> uncovered in the (be it infinite) future, then I would say, that this belief
> is a Bayesian one.
> Because, as far as I have understood Bayesianism, I think that Bayesianists
> believe that the past can be mathematically reconstructed from the present
> (no information is completely lost).
Bayesian mathematics is restricted to analysis of probability propositions
where the antecedent and consequences are given, that is, [0,1].
What is the purpose of introducing “information” into this context?
The nature of truth is already compromised by introducing the concept of
probability into a proposition. Why further dilute both the semantics and the
syntaxes?

>  So is it ok to say, that Peirce had a belief similar to what later was
> called Bayesianism?
Thomas Bayes, 1702-1761.

> Cheers

jerry