Jerry, List
Now I have had a look at the Commens Dictionary: Ok, to say that the immediate object is inside, and the dynamical object outside of the sign, is not exctly how Peirce wrote it. He rather wrote, that the immediate object is the object as represented in the sign, and the dynamical object is independent of the sign. To call "as represented" "inside", and "independent" "outside" of the sign would be already an interpretation.

About the Bayes part: Maybe I was wrong. I wrote about what I had remembered from a thread about Bayesianism long ago at this list. Wasnt it about reversibility in the way, that an event has different outcome possibilities with different probabilities, but the whole of all that results from the event, in reality, at any time, carries the informations about the event along with it, so the event (the truth about the event) can theoretically be reconstructed? But I better should look it up, but he problem is, I do not understand the mathematic symbols.
Best,
Helmut

19. März 2017 um 22:16 Uhr
 "Jerry LR Chandler" <jerry_lr_chand...@icloud.com>

Helmut, John, List:

Thank you for the interesting post. It raises some questions in my mind.