On Thursday 20 December 2007 10:22:11 Andy Armstrong wrote:

> On 20 Dec 2007, at 18:19, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> > My other big annoyance with smoke testers/reporters is that a lot of
> > folks simply do not respond to requests for more information. It's
> > generally pretty rare that the failure report includes enough
> > information for me to do anything about it, so without an engaged
> > party on the other end, it really is just noise.

> I think Barbie has been on a drive to make testers more contactable
> and, by implication, responsive.

Let's hope so.

I get the occasional failure on platforms I cannot support on my own, so
there's very little I can do sometimes, and subsequent test reports aren't
all that useful.  I appreciate that people are testing on other platforms,
but there's definitely a gap between automated smoke testing and actually
fixing problems.

-- c