Michael Peters wrote:
> David Golden wrote:
>> On Dec 20, 2007 1:19 PM, Dave Rolsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> It's generally
>>> pretty rare that the failure report includes enough information for me to
>>> do anything about it, so without an engaged party on the other end, it
>>> really is just noise.
>> With CPAN::Reporter, I've been trying to add additional context
>> (within reason) to assist with problem diagnosis.  What kind of
>> information would improve the reports?  (Not to say that this obviates
>> the need for a responsive tester, but every little bit helps.)
>
> I for one would like the full TAP output of the tests. Not just what get's
> sent
> to STDOUT by default. What would be ideal (and it's something that RJBS has
> poked me about before) would be to receive a TAP Archive (prove --archive)
> that
> could get attached to the email. Of course this needs to be opt-in
> (META.yml?).
> Then it would be pretty easy to setup an email account that is monitored by
> some
> tool that would extract the archive and upload it to a Smolder install.

Altering how the tests run just for CPAN Testers:  Bad.
Trying to get authors to put in special code just for CPAN Testers:  Good Luck

This could be accomplished silently with some environment variables.
TAP_PARSER_ARCHIVE_DIR=/path/to/somewhere

There is the problem of getting TAP::Parser to recognize that the archive
feature is available and that gets back to the open TAP::Builder problem.