On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 12:38:46PM +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 19 Dec 2007, at 12:32, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> >>Obviously that's my (probably extremely unprofessional) impression of
> >>his views. He did mention religion and ego though :)
> >
> >CPAN Testers does mug his modules pretty badly, just look at all
> >that red.
> >http://cpantesters.perl.org/author/MLEHMANN.html
> >
> >He does an awful lot of XS which is always going to be problematic.
>

> From what he's said to me off-list I'd guess that if he used
> Devel::Check* many of those failures would go away.
>
> I'm trying to persuade him to let me archive our exchange somewhere so
> people can read it if they're interested.

It would be interesting. He's a smart guy and usually right. So are you.

Without seeing it, it makes me think of the exchanges between IlyaZ and TomC
on p5p. Both were right, but both contradicted each other. The cause was
that each based their reasoning on a different set of assumptions, and what
one thought important the other thought was not, and vice versa.

Nicholas Clark