On Monday, May 23, 2011, David Golden <da...@autopragmatic.com> wrote:
> The problem is that there is no way for a single application to use multiple
> versions of a module.  So it's easy to imagine that very specific module
> prereqs could be in conflict and require manual override. That's not the
> right answer.
>
> What we need is application level dependencies that are specific and non
> conflicting and then to make it easy to install into app specific lib
> directories.
> That's what im

The SEND button should be harder to press by accident...

That's what I'm working on in June - trying to tie all the various
lessons from other toolchain and meta tools into something that can be
for Perl apps what cpan(p|m) is for Perl modules.

I think people are trying to make cpan solve the application level
problem and that's why "custom CPAN mirror" seems like the answer.

David