one or two things you mention could be addressed by
http://sebastianconcept.github.io/Mapless

redis might address horizontal scaling even better than meteor

and you forgot to add the feature detecting mongo changes so reactivity is
possible (btw you probably know but meteor is aiming to support more than mongo
also famo.us but that's another story)

sebastian

o/