On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 8:09 AM, John Pfersich <jpfers...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The over button means step over the message highlighted, the through button
> means step into the message highlighted and single step through the
> statements in the message.

I'm not sure if I am correct, but more than stepping over/through messages,
I normally think about it as how blocks are handled.

Over is step over a block.
Through is step through a block.

Try debugging this, purely with Over and then purely with Through...
    self inform: '1'.
    #(2 3 4) do: [:n| self inform: n printString ].
    self inform: '5'.

However its not completely about blocks,  since Over versus Through
has little difference on debugging this...
    self inform: '1'.
    2 to: 4 do: [:n| self inform: n printString ].
    self inform: '5'.

So it seems it affects a certain subset of messages,
which is at least the usual enumeration messages...
   #do: #collect: #select: #detect:
but I don't know what the comprehensive list is.

So maybe that it another way to define the difference
Over steps over enumeration of a block
Through step through enumeration of a block

or...
Over steps of iteration of a block
Through step through iteration of a block

I'm not sure which is more correct.
cheers -ben