At 14:14 19/12/2002, Sascha Schumann wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Zeev Suraski wrote:

> Just to somewhat limit my agreement with that statement, I'd rephrase it so
> that it's clear that people's opinion does matter.  Something along the
> lines of 'Too many people think that they're in a position to decide about
> PHP'.

    There is nothing funny about that statement.  For example, if
    you are not going to do the work on merging the CLI/CGI code,
    just saying that you would like to see that happening has
    little to no effect.  Conclusively, there is simply too
    much noise on the php-dev list by people who are not going to
    do any work, but somehow think they are entitled to actually
    waste other people's time with their opinions.
I disagree. For instance, if I helped writing the combined module, and someone separated it without thoroughly making sure that everyone is ok with this separation, I believe it's upto him to be responsible to merge it back in. What you suggest is that PHP will really be f(t), as people's resources change with time. I do not agree.

If you don't want to see your time wasted, nobody's forcing you to read this list.

Zeev