"Jason Davidson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Now that you have figured out, that it is possible its your firewall,
> which, many, and i think you claimed before was impossible, what
> exactly makes you sure i said anything invalid.

It is my understanding that the firewall is not supposed to be relevant. I
have not seen anything saying it is supposed to be. If it is true that it is
not supposed to be relevant, then simply saying it is just causes confusion.
If you had said that the firewall is not supposed to be relevant, but try
disabling it anyway, then I would say that I am totally able to think like
that too. It is reasonable to try things like that to diagnose a bug.

If you can find something in the MySQL documentation saying that the
firewall needs to be disabled eventhough the server and client are the same
system, then that would sure help. I am not asking you to; I am saying that
that is what would help.