On Thursday 16 September 2004 11:06, Sam Hobbs wrote:

> It is my understanding that the firewall is not supposed to be relevant. I
> have not seen anything saying it is supposed to be. If it is true that it
> is not supposed to be relevant, then simply saying it is just causes
> confusion. If you had said that the firewall is not supposed to be
> relevant, but try disabling it anyway, then I would say that I am totally
> able to think like that too. It is reasonable to try things like that to
> diagnose a bug.

The firewall is relevant depending on your circumstances. In any case it would
take you all of one minute to disable your firewall to test out this "wild
far out suggestion". At the most you would have lost one minute but you would
have either:

- gained the satisfaction of saying "I told you the firewall was irrelevant,
now go away and stop wasting my time with your ridiculous suggestions"

 or

- you would have found the cause of your problem

Contrast that with the number of posts you have made denying that the firewall
could be a problem, and stating adamantly that you will not do such-and-such
a thing because it is 'not supposed' to happen like that.