Hi Alan

>> (1) Bad abort operation for the "Unkown error...." which causes
>> substantial memory managment issues.
>> (2) Error message itself needs a spelling change: Unkown --> Unknown
>> (3) regression for -geometry option
>> (4) regression of an added surface pattern artifact for example 8

Issue (4) is now solved. Issue (2) I will fix now.

Issue (1)/(3) turned out to be some bad cleanup of a thrown exception
which is a 1 line fix I am about to commit.

However, perhaps more important was why the exception was thrown. It
was an exception I coded in to be thrown when the user set the size of
the canvas, but failed to set the dpi. (On windows I get a rather more
specific error message, not sure why the default unknown error message
is displayed on linux). I guess pragmatically I should use the same
default dpi as if the size hasn't been set, but I thought that if the
user has set the size then the dpi should be also set to ensure
consistency. This however does make the PLStream::pageset variable
rather useless as it gets set whether or not the dpi is valid.

Anyway, there should be a new commit fixing these issues in about 10 mins.

Phil