bpa wrote:
> I think this may be wishful thinking rather than actual improvement.
>

> I cannot test until you tell me exactly how you shutdown and wake up the
> players and systems.
> Does the player shut the server down ?
> Does the server shutdown out of inactivity ?
> Is the server woken by a keyboard press
> Is the server woken by a WakeOnLan magic packet ?  If so is the Server
> wireless or wired connection to player ?
> What is the W10's "state" (as defined by MS) of the server when it is
> asleep ?
>
> There are so many options and variations -that I cannot test unless I
> have information.
>

> My gut feel is that it is somehting to do with server taking too much
> time to wakeup. More time than the LMS s/w allows especially with synced
> players and so LMS s/w timeouts
>
> As I said above I don't think HLS will necessarily be a better option
> there is very little difference in implementation.  MP3 is quite a
> different implementation.

- there are 3 SB3s, all wired and sync'd. Two of them are permanently
connected to power, the third has power disconnected shortly after the
PC sleeps via a power saving socket.

- the PC is usually put to sleep via the Windows Start Menu, and
sometimes via a very simple little app called Wizmo.exe. I don't even
know how to get the SB3 to put the PC to sleep. I am pretty sure that
the behaviour in both cases is the same.

- I usually wake the PC by pressing the Power button on one of the SB3s
that is permanently connected to power, and this is how I have been
testing it the last few days.

- In Windows I had to set "Only allow a magic packet to wake the
computer" to stop it being woken all the time.

- Powercfg -a shows available sleep states as S3 / Hibernate / Hybrid
Sleep / Fast Startup.

- - it certainly doesn't go into Hibernate since that requires entry of
the Bitlocker password

- -
_However_I_tried_it_with_Hibernate_twice_(waking_via_SB3)_and_BBC_starts_normally_as_hoped!!!!_

- - fast start-up is disabled in Power Options

- - hybrid sleep is effectively disabled since the "Hibernate after"
setting is set to never.