Giunti wrote:
> Hi everyone !
>
> I've been using a Squeezebox/LMS for about 10 years now,  for the past 2
> yrs together with a DENON AVR-X1500H. At some stage I decided to install
> the Denon AVVP/AVR control plugin and it worked fine right away. I very
> much liked its automatic ON/OFF control of the AVR via the Orange
> Squeeze and - more recently - the Squeezer App. However, at some point
> more recently the OFF function stopped working. I am still able to get
> the AVR started by only pressing the Play button on the app or WebGUI
> but when I turn off the Sqeeze Server via app or WebGUI nothing happens
> on the AVR's side, i.e. it keeps the ON state. I've checked all the
> settings but in vain so far. Maybe this set back occurred some time
> between the version uprades from 4.3 to 4.3.3. As far as the AVR
> settings are concerned no changes had been made before it.
>
> Any remedial hints highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

> AVR(s): Denon AVR-X1500H
> HW Patform: CubieTruck armv7l-linux
> OS: Debian Buster / Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 -
> 1641537242
> Client(s) in use: Orange Squeeze, Squeezer
> Number of players using the plugin: 1

Hello, and welcome to the forum! Prior to v4.2, the plugin would always
power off the AVR when the associated LMS player (not the server) was
turned off. However, this behavior was modified in v4.2 such that the
AVR is now only powered off if it is currently set to the input
associated with the player. This was done in order to prevent the AVR
from being powered off when the user was no longer listening to the LMS
player and had switched the AVR to another input source such as TV. So
in this case it's a feature, not a bug. However, if it is failing to
power off the AVR when the input has not been changed, that would indeed
be a bug. The first thing I need to know is whether or not you are using
a Quick Select command in the player settings for the plugin. If you
aren't, that could possibly be a problem that I can look into trying to
recreate here. If you are using a QS, then I would need you to generate
and upload a debug log showing the timeframe starting with the player
being turned on and ending with the player being turned off and failing
to power off the AVR. If you need instructions on how to create the
debug log, let me know. Thanks for reporting this.

Sam